Volunteers are welcome at our learning center in Camp Verde. No special skills are required. Volunteers set their own schedules, from one hour or more a week. We value our volunteers as part of our staff, offering training opportunities during center hours and a pleasant, friendly atmosphere. If you’re looking for a rewarding experience helping people without the stress of a regular job, try volunteering with us!
A wide variety of volunteer assignments is available, depending upon the individual volunteer’s skills, abilities, and preferences. If you have a specialized skill and want to volunteer, contact us. Bilingual English/Spanish volunteers are especially helpful!
SAMPLE VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES– No Special Skills Required
- Help with Open House or special events
- Copy, fax, file, and/or shred documents
- Computer- word processing with MS Word and/or help students use computers
- Public Relations- man booths at job fairs and community events, distribute fliers and brochures to local stores and businesses, write public service announcements
SAMPLE VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES– Some Educational Background
- Instructional Aide
- Help teachers prepare class materials or revise lesson plans
- Answer basic questions for students
- Call or email students
- Tutor ( Requires Tutor Training offered online and/or in person at our centers; work under the supervision of a certified Adult Ed teacher.
- Administer student pre/post-tests
- Work one-on-one with assigned students in specified subject areas
- Motivate students
- Ask questions to help students find their own answers
Please contact our office to help out as a volunteer: 928 554-8398.